One of my absolute favorites to make during the Holiday season is biscotti. It’s also the most requested! I found this recipe back in 1997 and over the years have added my own special touch to it. Happy Baking!
White Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Makes: 2 to 3 dozen
½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
If desired: Melting chocolate and Pink Himalayan Salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
- Beat together butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium-sized bowl; toss with a fork to mix. Add to butter mixture along with white chocolate chips; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Form into a log shape, and place half on prepared baking sheet. Pat into a 12 x 2” loaf. Repeat with second half, placing on baking sheet 2 inches from first.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool slightly (about 10 minutes.)
- Cut diagonally into ½ to 1” thick slices. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes more at 350 degrees. Allow to cool on rack.
- If desired, melt your favorite dark (or milk) chocolate. Dip the end of each biscotti in melted chocolate, and place on parchment paper. You may use Pink Himalayan Salt to sprinkle over the melted chocolate before it sets.
Brew up a hot cup of coffee and enjoy!