Just as businesses focus on outcomes such as:
• Increasing Revenue
• Accelerating Customer Acquisition
• Improving Operational Efficiency
• Developing Effective Strategies, and
• Executing Well on those strategies
when you engage with a service partner you expect them to share your focus and to be measured by these same outcomes. Why wouldn’t you?
The excitement about digital transformation tends to make the conversation about “IT”. The real conversation is what is needed to deliver the outcomes you’re focused on. Sure, it’s a different world with the speed at which technology is changing. And yes, new generations are not interested in the old way of doing things – they want it now – right now! So, what does this mean in terms of your business. What needs to change? Why? And what will that change do to improve business outcomes?
Rather than find the right “solution”, let’s move the conversation to the outcomes. Your business has its own set of circumstances that may include challenges of:
• Resource Capacity
• Expertise and Know-How
• Market Threats
• Stakeholder Pressure, and the list goes on.
Understanding the “what” (is needed) to the “how” (it can be accomplished) leads to the right decisions. Understanding these requires investing time to do a detailed discovery that considers your specific business circumstances. The outcomes from this discovery must include:
1. Business Process Analysis & Requirements
2. Process, Time & Cost optimization Recommendations
3. Fitment Analysis & Technology Suggestions
4. Roadmap & Technical Architecture, and
5. Methodology, Schedule & Cost
Having this information enables you to make the right decisions that will in-turn drive the right outcomes for your business.
Enjoy your Discovery!